Jon’s great grandparents bought the land in 1919. Until 1986, the property was a fully operational dairy farm managed by Jon’s father. In addition to his love and intimate knowledge of his family’s property, Jon also developed a passion for horticulture, which he pursued as a career until 1990.
The first venture outside of dairy farming was the garden shop, which was opened in 1990. Following the garden shop, Jon and his wife, Debbie, decided to creatively restore the English style post and beam structures (which date from the late 1890’s) as a way to share the beauty of the location with the public while also meeting contemporary needs.
The first wedding barn opened in September of 2008 and they have hosted over 130 weddings to date (approximately 25 to 30 events a year). The antique shop opened in the spring of 2009. It is a multi-dealer shop that sources from state auctions, private sales, and antique shows, to name a few.
In addition to the nursery and even facilities, Jon and Debbie now also manage an antique shop and an 18-hole golf course and in the spring of 2015 they will open their latest venture, The Garden Barn. This year-round facility is ideal for hosting smaller events.
Jon and Debbie’s innovation and entrepreneurial spirit have not only allowed them to maintain a family property where their children have grown up, but to share this special place with the public.