Jon’s great grandparents bought the land in 1919. Until 1986, the property was a fully operational dairy farm managed by Jon’s father. In addition to his love and intimate knowledge of his family’s property, Jon also developed a passion for horticulture, which he pursued as a career until 2000.
The first venture outside of dairy farming was the garden shop, which was opened in 2000. Following the garden shop, Jon decided to creatively restore the English style post and beam structures (which date from the late 1890’s) as a way to share the beauty of the location with the public while also meeting contemporary needs.
The first wedding barn opened in September of 2008 and they have hosted hundreds of weddings to date. With the need to expand space, John opened our second facility; The Garden Barn in 2015. This facility hosts smaller events, along with full season access.
John’s innovation and entrepreneurial spirit have not only allowed him to maintain a family property where his children have grown up, but to share this special place with the public.